Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the STRANGERS...


Be (live) in the world as if you are a STRANGER or a passer-by...

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Homeschooling: Kids Personal Details

I remember ever since I was a child, or maybe ever since i was born... I was told to be a doctor.. and as i grew up with that idea fed into my mind.. i found that yes.. i do want to be a doctor. That is like success for me. And really... it is my own desire.. no one force me into it (at least, consciously).. I really wanted to be a doctor cause its my passion.. you know what I mean?! In fact, if you ask me now, would you be a doctor again if given a chance, and a long list of conditions fulfilled... I would definitely say yes! Inshaallah..

So that shows how important to put ideas into your kids mind.. while you still can.. its never too early!
I remembered when mus'ab was just 2, i used to train him to tell whats his name, age and what he wants to be when he grows up.. he would say.. a da'ie, inshaallah!

Recently, a friend came and told him that he should be an 'aalim one day.. in reply, he said, "No, i want to be a Mufti!"

Inshaallah, ameen.. May Allah keep you in the straight path, son.. the path of the righteous and pious in the eyes of Allah...the journey is still long for you inshaallah and its not gonna get easier.. Allah give you the guidance.. Ameen!

So what i got the kids do, as a part of our social studies as well,  was to fill in the following form and explain to them how they should fill them in and why, what it means and why its important etc..
A simple activity but kids found it quite exciting..

My personal detail
First name:__________________________
Last name:__________________________
Date of Birth:
·      Islamic:__________________________
·      Gregorian:________________________
Place of Birth:________________________
Race:________________
Religion:____________________
Ambition:_____________________________
House address:__________________________
______________________________________
Phone number:
·      Abah:___________________________
·      Mama:__________________________
My thumbprint:

No comments:

Post a Comment